Interstate Housing Compact
• IC is state law that is applicable to every state in the US designed to return runaway youth to their state of origin. Certain rules and regulations apply across state lines for every interstate office governing the return.
• Funded by the Department of Human Services
• TASMD receives calls from ICJ offices and other state/local organizations
• TASMD staff is trained specifically to work with other national interstate compact offices
• Arranges and/or provides supervision of runaways at DTW and for the return of runaways to and from Michigan